I have a small (border line, obsession) with making vegan lattes that do not involve coffee…
Since my first chia latte a few years ago, I have been *latte-ing* the shit out of everything. Spinach lattes, cauliflower lattes even banana lattes – not recommended. Anything you can add hot streamed soya milk too pretty much qualifies!
There is something quite feminine about this Vegan Turkish Delight Latte, with its adorable bright pink colour and floral fragrant notes. Idea for Mothers Day, your Nanna, or for anyone who loves turkish delight (boys welcome to, of course)
You may look at the ingredients and think ‘how does that work’ but trust me, it does and hopefully you’re going to love it.
Makes 1 Cup
- 1 Cup of Organic Unsweetened Soya Milk
- 1 tsp Beetroot Powder
- 1-2 tsp of Maple Syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- half a tsp of Rose Water
- Place the beetroot powder and maple syrup into a cup and mix into a thick paste, then add the rose water and mix again.
- On a medium heat slowly warm the soya milk, until just boiling.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a jug. Use a hand-held electric milk frother (or frother of choice) for a couple of seconds – try to avoid to many bubbles. Once you have reached your desired consistency, pour over the paste. Alternatively if not using a milk frother pour hot soya milk straight over the paste.
– Enjoy –